When January rolled in, I started setting aside a page on my planner for monthly highlights. You know, those moments that really stood out to me and those I’d really love to look back on. Since the first month of the year has already ended, let me share with you the highlights of my January:
- #ONSMaxie – A one-night stand dedicated to one of my favorite Filipino musicals? GIRL, BRING IT! #ONSMaxie was so, so, soooooo much fun, especially since the original cast members were all there, celebrating music and teasing us with the possibility of a rerun. I mean…
- New job, hu dis? – Finally, after more than a month of searching, I landed a new job as an Admin Assistant/Virtual Assistant for an Australian-based business school! As of this writing, I’ve already received my first salary from them, and I felt all sorts of relieved…because you know them bills aren’t going to pay for themselves, right?
The best part? In this job, I get to work with a fellow author from the #romanceclass community! <3 Pretty darn cool.
- Meet the newest gym rat — ME. – No, I don’t go to the gym every day (because I’m old and my body needs to recover every 2-3 days), but I’ve been going to the new Anytime Fitness facility near my house and enjoying it! I usually take the dance classes at night, or, when I don’t feel like it, just lift some weights and spend time at the treadmill. They also have this Tanita weighing scale which I used to determine my BMI, and it turns out that I still have what they call a Standard body — meaning, I’m not overweight nor undernourished. And my muscle mass is higher than my fat mass, so that’s…pretty good, right?Oh, and yeah. I already lost 2kg so far. *finger snaps*
- Hello, San Pablo! – The Manila-based #ClingyGirls haven’t been able to go to San Pablo at all last year, so we made sure we started the year right by making a surprise visit at Kushie’s place! Unfortunately, we went during their annual fiesta, which meant most of the streets were closed and we couldn’t get to the restaurants we wanted. We still got siomai from Papu’s…but failed to get mais con hielo from Le Manays, which was just. so. sad.Ah well, nothing a full afternoon of being with good company couldn’t fix. ^_^
Also I got to huggle this darling boy again, so all is well.
- We’re getting an Eraserheads musical, people! THIS IS NOT A DRILL. August 2018, bitches.
- #StartHere blog tour – I got asked to manage the blog tour for #romanceclass’ newest LGBTQ anthology, and I couldn’t be happier. ^_^ More details on that here.
- #FeelsSoProm! – #romanceclass + prom = epicness. Everyone came to the event looking beautiful and dashing, and the night was filled with cute, funny, sweet, and touching moments we’re sure we’ll all be talking about for a long, long, long time.
View this post on Instagram
Saturday Snapshots: It's been four days since #romanceclass #FeelsSoProm and I'm still pretty much hungover from how fabulous everyone was that night. So much fun. So much feels. So much love. Stay wonderful, you amazing, beautiful people. Thank you for making my happy place happy, always. 😘✨ And oh, yeah. See you this weekend. 😂 📸 @pauiiianne
Aaaand that’s about it for January! February is pretty awesome too, so far…I’ll tell you about that soon. Meanwhile, check out my birthday giveaway here and I hope you can join in! ^_^