Film and romance lovers, this is right up your alley!
Precious Hearts Romances invites YOU to the special advanced screening of six (6) kilig-inducing films directed by a new breed of filmmakers. On September 3, expect a fun, love-filled afternoon as reader favorites come to life on screen, as interpreted by six talented young directors.
What is Precious Pelikula all about?
In April 2016, Precious Pages Corp., the publisher of Precious Hearts Romances, called on amateur filmmakers nationwide to participate in this momentous project. A total of 40 applicants, from students to film enthusiasts sent in their portfolio in the hopes of being able to enter the competition. Ten out of the 40 were shortlisted. They chose from a selection of PHR titles on which they formulated a film concept as out-of-the-box as they could while still maintaining the romantic personality that Precious Hearts Romances has embodied. From their pitches, five applicants and a ‘wild card’ were granted a much-coveted spot. Each were given P15,000 to produce their respective films by August 12, 2016.
The filmmakers who made the cut are:
- Marco Mata of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – Fallin’ For You by Heide Colette;
- Ian Abaya of Asian Pacific Film Institute – Her Own Brand of Hero by Sofia;
- Paolo Pascual of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – Angel Bautista’s Dreams Café 4: Dream Master;
- Miguel Potestades of Collosus Films – Mga Apo Ni Rustica: The Girl in His Arms by Rose Tan;
- Richmond Cadsawan of Far Eastern University – Me, Myself and Peregrine by Jamie Black; and
- Carl Ruiz of De La Salle College of St. Benilde – Kensi’s Unconventional Love
I’m interested! Where do I go to see the films?
The special advanced screening for all six films will be on September 3, 2016, 2:00 PM at SM Manila Cinema 4. After the screening, the films will be uploaded online and readers are encouraged to vote for their favorite.
The top three films will be awarded at the Manila International Book Fair on September 18, 2016.
How do I get film passes?
Complimentary passes will be distributed at Precious Pages outlets at SM Manila, SM North Edsa and SM Mall of Asia. Buy any 3 of the 6 books included in the competition from August 19 to August 31, 2016 to automatically receive one (1) complimentary pass for the screening.
For more details about the event and the films included in the competition, like and follow the Precious Pelikula Facebook page.